Dean’s Update, August 14, 2012
Welcoming New Faculty Members to the CBA
Wikrom Prombutr will join us as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Finance. Prior to coming to the CBA, he was an Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. His teaching experience includes undergraduate and graduate business courses in International Financial Management, Investments, Portfolio Management and Security Analysis, Business Finance, and Managerial Finance.
Dr. Prombutr received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Texas at Arlington. His current research interests include asset pricing, portfolio management, performance evaluation, real options, and mathematical finance. His research has been published in different academic journals such as Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Financial Review. He has also presented his research papers at various annual conferences of national and international significance.
Please join the Department of Information Systems in welcoming their new tenure-track faculty member, Dr. Hongyu Chen. Dr. Chen recently received his Ph.D. in Information Systems from the University of Texas at Dallas. Dr. Chen also has an Electrical Engineering Master’s degree from Peking University, and an MBA from the University of Texas at Dallas. Dr. Chen’s research focuses on data mining theories and applications, IT diffusion models, and content distribution technologies. He has already published in elite journals such as Information Systems Research. His teaching interests include business intelligence and financial data management.
In This Issue
- AACSB Updates
- Welcoming New Faculty Members to the CBA
- CBA Faculty Members Hitting Top Journals
- Molina Healthcare and California State University Long Beach Expand Partnership
- Entrepreneurship Certificate Attracts CSULB Students to Free Summer Program
- The Long Beach Small Business Monitor is Now Online
- Daytime Accelerated MBA Orientation July 6 to 8, 2012 Welcomed Our Largest Cohort
- CBA Center for Student Success Swings into Operation
- UCEL 2011-2012 Annual Report
- SCPD Moving Forward
- CBA and Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Participates in Certificate Program in Leadership & Membership Growth