Dean’s Update, August 14, 2012
CBA and Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Participates in Certificate Program in Leadership & Membership Growth
On June 19 and 20, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) offered a Certificate Program in Leadership & Membership Growth through the USHCC Foundation Chamber Training Institute. This certificate was provided at the University of Notre Dame and was hosted remotely on the CSULB campus by the CBA and the local Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber Training Institute was free to chamber members thanks to a strategic partnership with Wells Fargo Bank and the USHCC Foundation made this certificate available to key chamber leaders, boards of directors, and other chamber members who would benefit from the topics. During this two-day certificate program, industry experts guided attendees through courses that included Legacyvibe Leadership (Our Legacy of Leadership – Past, Present, Future) and Membership Mole (Do What We Do Best).
Jerry Campagna of MOST/MST Latino, Inc. presented the courses. The first course was based on the personal operating system called VIBE (Values, Intentions, Beliefs, and Environment) that included self-assessment exercises and discussion about cultural influences that affect leadership perspectives. The second course assessed an organization's strengths using a team-based exercise to provide a refined Latino engagement strategy.Leaders from eighteen local businesses attended the program. Sandy Cajas, CEO of the Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, said "this certificate is important because it will help our member businesses develop the vision and leadership they need to survive and be successful, and I thank the USHCC and Wells Fargo Bank for making this certificate available to businesses in our region."
In This Issue
- AACSB Updates
- Welcoming New Faculty Members to the CBA
- CBA Faculty Members Hitting Top Journals
- Molina Healthcare and California State University Long Beach Expand Partnership
- Entrepreneurship Certificate Attracts CSULB Students to Free Summer Program
- The Long Beach Small Business Monitor is Now Online
- Daytime Accelerated MBA Orientation July 6 to 8, 2012 Welcomed Our Largest Cohort
- CBA Center for Student Success Swings into Operation
- UCEL 2011-2012 Annual Report
- SCPD Moving Forward
- CBA and Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Participates in Certificate Program in Leadership & Membership Growth