Dean's Update, May 21, 2014
Marketing Department Chair Update and a Big Thanks to Mo Khan
As the school year draws to a close, Mo Khan is wrapping up his time as Interim Chair of the Marketing Department. Since 1986, Mo has been a valued and engaged member of the CBA faculty, having served as Department Chair, Associate Dean, and Interim Dean over his career in the college. Last spring, he thought he had completed his CSULB career, but as everyone who knows Mo can understand, he agreed to come out of retirement and serve his beloved college one more time, this time as Interim Marketing Chair. I cannot thank Mo enough for all his years of service in general and for this last year in particular. Mo, thanks for always taking the extra step, and doing so with respect and consideration for each person you work and interact with.
Marketing Professor Sam Min will officially take on the role of Marketing Chair at the beginning of the fall semester in August, but he will become Acting Chair for the summer. Please join me in welcoming Sam to his new role in the CBA.
In This Issue
- Marketing Department Chair Update
- CBA Convocation Moved to Afternoon of August 22
- A Very Successful Recruiting Year
- Annual Banquet Fêtes New MBA Graduates
- Development Update: Another Good Year
- 2Q/2014 Small Business Monitor: Long Beach Small Business Less Concerned About Effects of Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare
- Ethical Challenges in an Era of Healthcare Reform: A Mock Bio-Ethics Panel
- Ukleja Center Grants New Faculty Stipends for Ethics Research
- MBA International Experiences Set for the Iberian Peninsula