Dean's Update, April 8, 2013
Ukleja Center Co-Sponsors Symposium on Ethical Challenges in Healthcare Reform
The Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership recently partnered with CSU Northridge’s Center for Health Promotion and Leadership, CSULB’s Health Care Administration Alumni Network, and CSU Northridge’s Health Administration Alumni Chapter to present a half-day symposium on Ethical Challenges in an Era of Healthcare Reform.
The event was held at the California Endowment Center in downtown Los Angeles on March 15, 2013. Over 100 people attended this interactive educational symposium, which provided various perspectives on ethical and diversity issues and challenges within the current healthcare environment.
The keynote speaker, Dr. Miriam Cotler, an internationally recognized authority on healthcare ethics, was joined by a distinguished panel of experts representing a cross-section of views regarding ethical challenges in today’s environment. The esteemed panel included Dr. Susan Secker, Ethics Consultant for Providence Health System; Dr. Marc Richmond, Regional Medical Director for Blue Shield in Southern California; and Dr. Diana Hendel, CEO of Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Miller Children’s Hospital; and Community Hospital Long Beach. Dr. Hendel is also currently serving as the Ukleja Center’s William Dickson Leader-in-Residence.
Thought provoking issues were brought forth by the panelists to a sold-out crowd. A lively question and answer session and roundtable discussion followed the panel, engaging participation from the audience.
In This Issue
- Reminder to Sign up to be a Commencement Marshal
- CBA's Melinda Smith Named University Employee of the Month
- Staff Announcements: New and Old Faces
- Our American Marketing Association Garners Honors at International Conference
- Progress Being Made on New Master of Science Programs
- Molina Healthcare-CSULB Internship Program Continues to Grow
- Ukleja Center Co-Sponsors Symposium on Ethical Challenges in Healthcare Reform
- Ukleja Center Presents Nell and John Wooden Ethics in Leadership Award to Former Governor George Deukmejian at the Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar
- Ukleja Center Partners with CSULB Office of Research and External Support to Provide Responsible Conduct of Research Workshop