Dean's Update, April 8, 2013
Ukleja Center Partners with CSULB Office of Research and External Support to Provide Responsible Conduct of Research Workshop
The Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership recently partnered with CSULB’s Office of Research and External Support to provide two half-day workshops on Responsible Conduct of Research.
Designed to foster professional and ethical practices in the research setting, the workshops were held on February 8 and April 3. Both workshops were facilitated by Dr. Camille Nebeker, Director of the Center for Applied Professional and Research Integrity at San Diego State University.
The 40 faculty members attending were provided with an overview of federal mandates for training in Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and identifying resources and strategies for teaching RCR in the research setting. The interactive sessions covered the scope of ethical and regulatory domains of research that are relevant to the practice of research, scholarship, and creative activities across disciplines of science, engineering, and humanities.
Both the Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership and Office of Research and External Support hope these pilot workshops will lead to an ongoing partnership here at CSULB.
In This Issue
- Reminder to Sign up to be a Commencement Marshal
- CBA's Melinda Smith Named University Employee of the Month
- Staff Announcements: New and Old Faces
- Our American Marketing Association Garners Honors at International Conference
- Progress Being Made on New Master of Science Programs
- Molina Healthcare-CSULB Internship Program Continues to Grow
- Ukleja Center Co-Sponsors Symposium on Ethical Challenges in Healthcare Reform
- Ukleja Center Presents Nell and John Wooden Ethics in Leadership Award to Former Governor George Deukmejian at the Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar
- Ukleja Center Partners with CSULB Office of Research and External Support to Provide Responsible Conduct of Research Workshop