Dean’s Update, March 29, 2012
Spring 2012 Outreach Activities to High Schools and Community Colleges
To have a high quality pool of incoming students to CBA, we have increased our outreach activities to all potential applicants: high school and community college students, as well as to non-business students on our campus, who may be interested in majoring or minoring in our programs. To this end, we have and will be engaged in the following activities, with participation of representatives from all our departments, centers, and student organizations, with cooperation of University Outreach and School Relations.
- Advisors from our Advising Center have participated at the Transfer Fairs at Long Beach City College, LBCC at PCH, Rio Hondo College, El Camino College, Cypress College, Orange Coast College; and will be participating at East Los Angeles College and Santa Monica College in the coming weeks. Our advisors will be also participating at the National Association of Admissions Counselors’ Fairs in Anaheim and Ontario Convention Centers and at Pasadena Civic Center later in April.
- Our department chairs and directors from our centers together with associate deans and president of ABSOC met with the faculty and counselors from Orange Coast College on March 16th to explain our offerings. A similar meeting is planned with business faculty and counselors from other major feeder community colleges for April 27th.
- The admitted transfer students will be personally invited by the Dean to a Preview Day on May 12th to encourage them to choose CBA.
- Our departments and Advising Center advisors will participate at the Majors Fair on campus to publicize our options and minor programs on April 4th.
First Year Students
- Admitted first year students are personally invited by the Dean for a April 14 Preview Day to present what CBA and CSULB can offer to them.
- A Preview Day is planned for high school juniors to encourage them to apply to CBA pre-business programs for Fall 2013.
- Carol Grutzmacher met with Student Athletes on February 27 and 28th; Omer Benli and Carol Grutzmacher met with President’s Scholars on two separate occasions.
- Shelia Hill visited various high schools in our vicinity and meet with students.
In This Issue
- Affect of CSULB Budget Issues on CBA
- Summary of Budget Actions Announced in Provost's March 19 Announcement
- AACSB Assessment Workshop
- Special Issue on Vietnam in Journal of Macromarketing showcases Department of Marketing Faculty
- Spring 2012 Outreach Activities to High Schools and Community Colleges
- MBA Team Competes in CFA Institute Research Challenge