Appointment Procedures & Guidelines
CSULB students who are interested in declaring or those already majoring in Business Administration or pre-business can make an appointment through the on-line Student Success System (SSS). In person at CBA100 or by Calling 562.985.4514
Individual appointments are only available two weeks in advance. Individual appointments are 30 minutes long and fill up quickly. So please schedule your appointments in advance.
Quick Question Advising
We do offer quick question advising for any student to speak to a CBA academic advisor.
- Please be aware that quick question advising is on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Please review our pages for our most up to date Quick Question hours. These may change often to reflect student needs.
- Quick question advising is meant to address immediate student needs.
If more than 5-10 minutes is needed to address a student’s questions, they will be asked to book an individual appointment.
Students who have been academically disqualified from the University must attend a Reinstatement Workshop through the University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) in the Horn Center. You may contact UCUA at (562) 985-4837. Once a disqualified student has completed the reinstatement workshop, they may schedule an appointment with CBA Advisor. Please bring documents from the Reinstatement Workshop to your CBA Advising Appointment.
Former CSULB students interested in readmission/reactivation to the university must first apply for admission to the university through CSU Mentor. Visit Enrollment Services website for admission deadlines. In the meantime, please send an email to CBAfirstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that you intend to resume your degree. Please provide us your contact information, student ID number or last four digits of your Social Security number. If your legal name has changed since you last attended CSULB please provide us with both your current and previous names.
If you are interested in attending CSULB for a future semester we offer Outreach workshops and events, please visit University Outreach & School Relations . We also encourage you to visit Enrollment Services Admission website for detailed information.
- If a student is running late and cannot keep their advising appointment please call (562-985-4514) to let your advisor know you are running late or will need to cancel.
- Because advising appointments are in high demand, if a student misses two appointments in one semester, he/she will be prevented from making further appointments for the rest of the semester.