Appointment Procedures & Guidelines
CSULB students who are interested in declaring or those already majoring in Business Administration or pre-business can make an appointment through the on-line Student Success System (SSS). In person at CBA100 or by Calling 562.985.4514
Individual appointments are only available two weeks in advance. Individual appointments are 30 minutes long and fill up quickly. So please schedule your appointments in advance.
- If you have been disqualified from the University, you must attend a Reinstatement Workshop in the University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) before you can make an appointment with an advisor. To register call UCUA at (562) 985-4837.
REMEMBER: BRING YOUR CSULB ID CARD and PREPARE: Since advising sessions are scheduled for 30 minute intervals, we recommend you review your plan in your Degree Planner prior to your appointment.
Quick Question Advising
We do offer quick question advising for any student to speak to a CBA academic advisor.
- Please be aware that quick question advising is on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Please review our pages for our most up to date Quick Question hours. These may change often to reflect student needs.
- Quick question advising is meant to address immediate student needs.
If more than 5-10 minutes is needed to address a student’s questions, they will be asked to book an individual appointment.
Students who have been academically disqualified from the University must attend a Reinstatement Workshop through the University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) in the Horn Center. You may contact UCUA at (562) 985-4837. Once a disqualified student has completed the reinstatement workshop, they may schedule an appointment with CBA Advisor. Please bring documents from the Reinstatement Workshop to your CBA Advising Appointment.
Former CSULB students interested in readmission/reactivation to the university must first apply for admission to the university through CSU Mentor. Visit Enrollment Services website for admission deadlines. In the meantime, please send an email to CBAfirstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that you intend to resume your degree. Please provide us your contact information, student ID number or last four digits of your Social Security number. If your legal name has changed since you last attended CSULB please provide us with both your current and previous names.
If you are interested in attending CSULB for a future semester we offer Outreach workshops and events, please visit University Outreach & School Relations . We also encourage you to visit Enrollment Services Admission website for detailed information.
Cancellations and RUNNING LATE
- If a student is running late and cannot keep their advising appointment please call (562-985-4514) to let your advisor know you are running late or will need to cancel.
- Advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minute sessions, so it is recommended that you arrive 10 minutes early. • Your appointment may be cancelled if you are 10 minutes late.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, you must cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance. • Please be courteous to other students by planning ahead (cancel or reschedule in a timely fashion). This will help open up time slots for other students.
- Because advising appointments are in high demand, if a student misses two appointments in one semester, he/she will be prevented from making further appointments for the rest of the semester.