CSULB Home  •   MyCSULB  •   BeachBoard  •   Library  •   E-mail  •   Directory  


CBA Advising Forms

Printing and filling out these forms prior to your arrival at the CBA Center for Student Succsss (CBA-100) will save you time and greatly speed up the process.

Form Purpose

Change of Major or Major Option (Please visit CBA-100)

To begin the process of determining elegibility of declaring a CBA major or to change your CBA option.
Community College Articulation Agreements grid (Fall 2014 –Spring 2015) To provide students with the most up-to-date transfer information from 40 of the California community colleges, where courses may be taken and transferred to CSULB to meet the business lower division core requirements. Learn more about current course articulation (course to course agreements) by visiting ASSIST.
Petition for Substitution / Equivalency To determine domestic course equivalency from another institution to meet major requirements. This form is to be strictly used by students declared in a CBA option. Students interested in approval for a study abroad course, please use the Pre-Departure Transfer Credit Advising Form (Study Abroad) form.
Request for Evaluation of Lower Division Course Work to Meet Major Requirements For business students who have not been determined as meeting the  supplemental admissions criterion required to take junior/senior level courses offered by CBA.
Request for Foreign Language Equivalency for the International Business option For students that are fluent in another language and would like to waive the foreign language requirement for the International Business option. Students may also visit CBA-100 for assistance. 
Revalidation of upper division major courses over 10 year old courses For upper division major courses that are over ten years old. Students need to have coursesthat are ten years old or older revalidated. CSULB charges a non-refundable fee of $10.00 to students who are not in compliance with specific deadline dates or time limits.
Pre-Departure Transfer Credit Advising Form (Study Abroad) For students interested in approval for a study abroad course(s). The student must have completed the advising session with Center for International Education (CIE) before using this form to approve course(s) transfer credit.
Request for Special Consideration

Login here and fill in your Request for Special Consideration
Purpose: The form is not intended for the following requests: CBA minors, Pre-Departure Transfer Credit Advising Form (Study Abroad), Petition for Substitution (Domestic) or Scholarships.

Minor Requests Navigate to each minors requirement page, then use the minor request form. Minor Advisors are listed here [Minor Advisors].


Resources Purpose
Career Options List Provides students with information on various careers which are related to their field of study based on their choice of option.