Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

Trademark Licensing at CSULB

The California State University, Long Beach Trademark Licensing Program protects and promotes the trademarks of the university, both domestically and internationally. Creating and maintaining positive relationships with manufacturers, retailers and consumers is an integral part of promoting the university and helps to ensure that all products bearing the marks of CSULB/Long Beach State are of the highest quality.

What is a Trademark?

All names and visual representations of California State University, Long Beach/Long Beach State are considered its “trademarks”. This includes all word marks, service marks, names, name variants, nicknames, logotypes, logos, insignia, shields, seals, designs, devises, or symbols that refer to the university. Also included are any words, phrases, or images that imply association with CSULB or Long Beach State.

Who needs a license?

Manufacturers, producers and any other entities that plan to use the trademarks of the university must complete the licensing process and carry an agreement prior to producing, distributing, and selling of emblematic merchandise. This includes the use of logos and word marks on all products intended for retail, promotional use, fund raising, university and student organization use (including giveaways).

How can a manufacturer obtain a license?

California State University, Long Beach is contracted with the Learfield Licensing Partners to manage the licensing process. You should contact Learfield directly or visit to obtain an application for license. The application will need to be completed and returned along with the required elements in order to be considered for a license with California State University, Long Beach.

How can a CSULB Department, Organization, Club or Group obtain a license?

University departments, clubs, organizations, and groups who intend to buy or distribute products with the university’s trademarks must ensure that the vendor they are ordering from is licensed with the university. CSULB has over 200 licensed vendors to choose from. Find our complete list of licensed vendors linked below.