myBeach Senior Class Committee
Purpose of the Committee: The myBeach Senior Class Committee is a student run organization that is housed within the Alumni Association office. Composed of students with various academic interests, the committee members educate fellow seniors on CSULB’s longstanding tradition of alumni support through membership and the myBeach Senior Class Campaign, gaining professional and leadership skills in the field of non-profit development. Senior Committee members are also in charge of engaging their senior peers through senior-only events during the final semester here at The Beach!
- Build awareness among 2014/2015 seniors about the myBeach Senior Class Committee
- Create rewarding connections that will lead to high participation rates at events; increased alumni membership numbers, and reaching fundraising goals!
- Promote the tradition of staying connected to The Beach!
- Instill a sense of gratitude for the CSULB experience, and create events and programming to ensure that the 2014/2015 year is memorable for all of its seniors.
Expectations of Membership: Members of the myBeach Senior Class Committee are expected to take an active role in the organization by:
- Attending all general meetings (Schedule to be determined and voted on by committee members; excludes academic scheduling conflicts and holiday breaks)
- Participating at all major myBeach Senior Class Committee events
- Join the Alumni Association for a one-time $49. When you join, you will also get a myBeach Senior T-Shirt and Graduation Cord to adorn your gown at graduation! This is in place of membership dues.
- Positively representing the senior class at all times and actively holding a position by completing projects thoroughly, seeking additional opportunities to advance the committee, and supporting fellow committee members to further the mission of the group
- As a committee member, not only will you represent your graduating class, you will also gain a tremendous amount of work experience and skills that are sure to be a great addition to your resume. Such skills include: Leadership & Management; Event Planning; Marketing/PR; Fundraising; Networking; Budgeting; Teamwork; Communication and much more!
- Commemorative myBeach Senior Class T-Shirt along with access to exclusive campus and alumni events and much more!
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 15th