Join us for the inaugural season of Concerts at The Beach, the CSULB Alumni Association’s on-campus, outdoor concert series! Concerts at The Beach is a great way to share an evening of fun, live music under the stars with your family, friends and fellow alumni.
Pack a picnic dinner to enjoy before the concert, then listen and dance to lively bands when the sun goes down. For your convenience, alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at concessions.
In addition to music and dancing, you can win fabulous prizes at Concerts at The Beach in the door prize drawing with gifts donated by generous local merchants. We anticipate giving out accommodations at fine hotels, gift certificates to acclaimed restaurants, wine tastings and tickets to theatre events. Proceeds from the drawings go to the CSULB Alumni Association, which supports the success of CSULB students through programs such as Alumni Grants.
Our concerts sell out quickly, so we encourage you to purchase your tickets early! Tickets are on sale now.
July 9 – Stone Soul
Launching our new concert series, Stone Soul will bring the finest classic soul and Motown to the stage, performing music from timeless artists such as Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, and James Brown. With this band, you’re guaranteed to have a funky and fabulous night.
July 16 – Tommy Tassi and the Authentics
For over 35 years, Tommy Tassi and the Authentics have been pleasing audiences with their riveting spirit and energy. They have the uncanny ability to sound like legendary artists from the ‘50s –‘60s. Make sure to bring your dancing shoes!
August 6 – The Emperors
The Emperors are back! This group has performed as the opening act for the Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, and The Righteous Brothers. Come rock to renditions of songs by the Eagles, Chicago, the Doobie Brothers and more, and witness why they’re a Long Beach favorite.
August 13 – Mo50
Closing our inaugural season, Mo50 will cover rock-n-roll hits from back in the day to today. Come to enjoy and sing along with tunes from the classics, such as The Beatles and Elton John, to current bands like Coldplay and Train.
|$35 per person|
*If you would like to purchase tickets less than 48 hours before a concert, please call 562-985-7022 or email Laura.Romero@csulb.edu.
Not a member? Join Today!
For ticket information, please call 562-985-7022 or email Laura.Romero@csulb.edu.
Dates & Time:
Saturday, July 9 – Stone Soul
Saturday, July 16 – Tommy Tassi and the Authentics
Saturday, August 6 – The Emperors
Saturday, August 13 – Mo50
Gates open at 6:30 p.m. for picnic dining.
Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
CSULB Campus, in the Legacy Courtyard at the Kinesiology Building
Reserved seating at tables: $35 per person.
- Tables accommodate groups of four or more. When complete tables are not purchased, smaller parties may be combined to complete a table.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee specific table requests. The Concerts at The Beach committee will assign the best seats available based on the date your order is received. If your group cannot be accommodated at one table, you will be contacted regarding your options.
- Please contact us directly for reservations for parties larger than ten or for special accommodations needed at 562-985-7022 or at Laura.Romero@csulb.edu.
- Smoking will only be allowed in designated areas outside of the concert venue. CSULB will be a smoke-free campus starting in fall 2016.
- Free parking will be available in Lot #3 only.
- We are unable to provide refunds on tickets purchased.
- All tickets will be mailed at least two weeks prior to the first concert that you will attend. If tickets are purchased less than two weeks before a concert, they will be held at will call to be picked up the day of the concert. All mailed ticket packages will include a campus map and directions to parking.
Menus for Pre-Purchased Box Dinners:
If you would like to pre-purchase your dinner, click here. You may pick them up at concessions located inside the concert venue.
For additional information, please call 562-985-7022 or email Laura.Romero@csulb.edu